My mates from Chile

Monday 22 November 2010

Santiago Funtimes

Incredibly, the last weekend of my time in Chile is fast approaching. We've been frantically trying to cram in all our favourite bits of Santiago one more time before our trip to Brazil, but i think the most important thing is to enjoy the remainder of summer before we plunge into an icy European winter!  I've been trawling the internet for a coat and boots, and I can't wait to have a little shopping spree for work clothes that will last me through my placement in Spain. It's a time of transition!


Over the next two weeks, my final exams will be dramatically played out amidst scenes of hectic revision and last-minute cramming sessions, but I'm hoping to emerge with a decent pass and head off to Sao Paolo with a clear head. We've been invited to go to Cris' beach house for a few days before crossing the border to Argentina. Let's hope there'll be time for a boat trip to Uruguay too! It's going to be a bit of a desperate attempt to round up those last Christmas presents and finish off our tans. I'll be honest, I won't be happy if I'm not the brownest member of the family on Christmas day!


Yesterday was a bit of a coup for me, as we learnt how to make sushi from a true expert- Cris' Japanese/Brazilian friend Karen. It was absolutely delicious, and surprisingly simple (although I doubt my mum would trust me to make it at home- food poisoning, anyone?). The cherry on the cake was an evening of shopping, where I was inaugurated as a true Latina upon the purchase of a pair of skintight, bum-hugging jeans (I'm channelling J-Lo, don'tcha know). The chocolate sprinkle on that cherry was the fact that we squeezed in a trip to the cinema to see the most recent instalment of Harry Potter. And, in case you're wondering, yes, I did cry when Dobby died...


Besitos,


La Entusiasta
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment